Acupuncture treatment enhances your body’s ability to heal itself. It has the effect of calming your mind, relieving your pain and restoring your health.
Acupuncture is a sophisticated medical modality used to treat illness, prevent disease and improve wellbeing. It originated in China more than 3000 years ago and due to its proven effectiveness has been embraced throughout the world.
It involves the insertion of very fine, pre-sterilised, disposable needles at specific points on the body’s surface to help restore health on a physical, psychological and emotional level.
Acupuncture is a safe and free of harmful side-effects when performed by a well trained, conscientious practitioner. Pregnant women and babies can safely be treated with Acupuncture.
Acupuncture is one therapy within the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) system which seeks to treat the whole person. Acupuncture can be used alone, combined with Western Medicine, or with other forms of TCM such as:
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Moxibustion (heat treatment)
- Medical Qi Gong
- Massage and Therapeutic exercise
- Dietary therapy (according to TCM principles)
- Medical/lifestyle advice (very important in TCM).
What Does A Treatment Involve?
Initial consultation consists of questions regarding the complaint itself and the medical history of the client. Acupuncture needles remain in place for around 20 minutes. When they are removed the client may be prescribed Chinese herbs and be given dietary/lifestyle advice in order to further aid recovery.
Treatment sessions are totally confidential.
Most people describe treatment as calming and relaxing. They often experience positive changes, e.g., they may sleep better, feel more relaxed and have a more optimistic outlook on life.
- You receive a treatment which is tailored to you as an individual
- You can be assured your treatment is safe and free of harmful side-effects
- You can be confident that your treatment has been shown to be effective in a wide range of conditions
- You are safe in the knowledge that you are receiving healthcare from a practitioner with a scientific background and 15 years of clinical experience
- You may be able to receive reimbursement of part of your treatment fees if you have private medical insurance (depending on the type of plan)
Initial Diagnosis and Treatment – 1 hour
Subsequent Treatments – 30-40 minutes
Janice is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture and Medical Qigong. Janice provides Chinese Medicine treatments (including Acupuncture, dietary/lifestyle advice and also teaches Qigong methods to help you relax, restore your energy levels & rebalance your health) in the clinic on selected days.